Barely on Topic Caddy-MK1 shared parts

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Ken Bates wrote:

> I am going to look at an '81 Deisel caddy/PU today.  I think I can get him
> down a bit from the 475 he is asking.  Known trouble T-stat/overheating
> problem and battery.  We'll see what else when i get there.
> I have left over MK1 parts from my '79 Scirocco since the 16v conversion,
> so....I know the A1 chassis is the same here but will hte OEM original
> springs from the 'roc with almost brand new inserts in them be a bit firmer
> thatn what would be in the caddy?
> Also should the extra 16v seats i have fint in there as well.  I owned an
> identical car in the past and it is small enought in there to make a mouse
> hunched back.  So maybe not.

Yes to both from a fellow Caddy owner.  Don't forget to join the pickup
list!

Sure is, www.memoimports.com sells em with city lights even.

> Sorry for the off topic but I'm hoping there are a couple out there that are
> "switch-hitting" with caddys.  Off list replys are probly better
> Thanks

Long ago the Scirocco list agreed, that as long as it pertains to a A1
chassis VW, its fine to post :-)

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport (400cc, 4 cyl, OHC 8v, 10k RPM redline *grin*)
80 Scirocco (FOR SALE $500)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)

-Kelli Fox