From: Marko Latrell <jamal_latrell@angelfire.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 8:56 AM
Subject: burning a lot of gas in my 8v

> I dunno the exact mpg, but it seems that I am going to the pump way more
often lately. I thought that pulling the AC would help me get better fuel
economy, but the opposite seems to have happened. The O2 sensor on the DP
was changed in the Spring and I put Bosch platinums in back in June too. So
I am wondering why she is sucking up so much gas. At $1.75 to $1.85 for
premium, its more than $20 for a full tank and it should be lasting me more.
How long is an O2 good for? I don't drive much, really only on the weekends
and then just around town. I do get caught in a lot of bumper to bumper
traffic. What about those plugs? Dirty or tired plugs can lower fuel
economy, but I thought that these bosches last longer. I think they are the
4s, but I can double check. They were like $4 each. I know most of you don't
like the bosche plugs and I dunno if I am gonna try them again.