Buying 88 16v

Great! A Minister! Now these guys WILL have to clean up their messages!
(Forgive, just chop busting   :)
Nice to have you on the list!
1) check under the car for damage caused by lifting the car at the wrong
place.
2)Check where the trailing arm attaches to the body (The back wheels)

Apart from that, the timing belt and the motor mounts.

Have fun, drive safe! (I bet I can guess who your co-pilot is  :)

Julie

>From: Revjohn98686@aol.com
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Buying 88 16v
>Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 01:10:46 EDT
>
>Hello, I am rev john ballard of vancouver washington.  I have been an
>ordained minister since july of 1999.  My friend is talking me into buying
>88 16v scirocco.  I am just wondering what to look for in the car.  Also
>the
>car is in perfect shape I was wondering where the "Weak or Problem" parts
>or
>areas are.  I hope to hear a few replys my newly found friends.
>
>GOD BLESS,
>REV John R. Ballard

Julie Macfarlane
Web Developer
Albany NY
Charter Member "Scirocco Anonymous"
'85 8v-?? "Scarlett" (frankly, she doesn't give a d**n)
'81 16v-2Y "Animal"
ICQ: 7704980
http://216.153.141.3/scirocco/