AC use and the cooling system (esp the fan)

Ever since I did the r134a conversion (why didn't I do it sooner?!) the
fan runs for A LOT longer after ignition is off (10-15 min sometimes)
after driving with AC on.  When I drive with AC off, it doesn't stay on
for more than a minute most of the time.  Coolant temperatures are
almost identical in both cases (ac on and ac off), so is this a normal
occurrence?  I am worried about battery drain.

koabi