Update on 2.0l 8V Swap

White "smoke"??  Sal, you may be very lucky.....I'd guess a bad head/block
seal.  Possibly a head gasket, maybe a cracked head.  Any water in your oil?
oil in the water?
White "smoke" is steam, an indication that coolant is getting into the
combustion chamber.
Pull the head and have a look-see.  It may be an easy fix.

Larry