OT: Saved a A1 Jetta

I was a little sad on my last visit to my local parts yard.  They now
pull the parts for you because of insurance. :(  The good side was while
I was waiting, I looked at a A1 Jetta that they had for sale as a
running car.  They had $500 on the windshield.  Mark said he would let
it go for $350.  Well, I still have a GTI to get running so I call a
friend of mine, Griff.  One owner, 82 with 104,000 miles.  No dents, but
the rear bumper was pushed down a little.  Sunroof, 5 speed.  Griff was
stoked!  I followed him home in it Tuesday.  The funny thing about the
car is that it has no lap belts.  I had never seen a VW like that
before.  Just shoulder belts hook to the door and padding for your knees
to bash against if you have a frontal impact.  Totally flat vinyl seats
and 78 series tires.  It quite a cornering combination!
--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80%