EXPLODING CLUTCHES

>Funny to see another member posting about a exploded Sachs clutch. I just
>took the tranny out of mine to find the disc in several peices, and one of
>the "fingers" broked off the pressure plate. I guess that would explain not
>being able to disengage it.......... glad good ole Pep Boys had one for $150
>dollar......OUCHIE

this has already happen to me three times and also to 3 OTHER people i know
all runing 16v sach's clutches.

i've avoiding sach's at all costs from now on. i'll never trust it again.
apparently, sachs
changed operation because they we're taken over by another company.
seems that quality control is most definitely not up to par, that's fo damn
sho.

and guess what? the tranny is coming off again because it's
broken AGAIN!!! i'm going centerforce this time, i can't change clutches
all the time. i'm falling apart!

if you examine a LUK's PP, you'll notice that those metal straps
go to the inside of the PP. a different design, but they seem to hold up
a lot better.

paul