(OT) Question for the engineers on the list

OK, I need some mechanical engineering advice.  I'm working with a small
tractor that has a diesel rated at 14HP.  It has a mid-mounted PTO rated at
11HP at the shaft at 2200RPM.  I am going to reduce that through a 1:4 gear
ratio chain and gear setup at the rear to run at the standard 540 RPM for a
tractor PTO.  If I do this, will I in fact get more HP at the PTO?  Like say
44HP???

Anyone?  Daun, you're a farmboy, any ideas?

Tom