MK2 speedo/tach intercangability

>I have a 16v cluster with a 160 speedo and the 7k tach, that has a damaged
>foil and other things but a nice complete 8v cluster.
>Should I be able to transplant the 160mph speedo itelf into my other MK2
>cluster     How about the 16v tach. Would that register accurately?  This is
>on a otherwise 16v harness BTW.
>The speedo I would think will be ok as it is mechanical but the tach I am
>not so sure.  Anyone with some knowledge to share on this?
>
>Ken

Yes, the speedometers are separate units for the most part.  You'll
see when you
take it apart.  It has to connect to the foil, but only essentially
for the oil buzzer
pressure sensor 'computer'.  As long as you have the correct color
gear on the end of your
speedo drive (going into the transmission), you'll be fine.

==Brett

--
  \/  `87 Scirocco 2.0t project | "Hot VW's, take two home. They're small"
\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v,  '84 Scirocco ITB racer project | - brett@netacc.net