MK2 speedo/tach intercangability

I have a 16v cluster with a 160 speedo and the 7k tach, that has a damaged
foil and other things but a nice complete 8v cluster.
Should I be able to transplant the 160mph speedo itelf into my other MK2
cluster     How about the 16v tach. Would that register accurately?  This is
on a otherwise 16v harness BTW.
The speedo I would think will be ok as it is mechanical but the tach I am
not so sure.  Anyone with some knowledge to share on this?

Ken
1979 Scirocco 16V -  Almost done
81 Deisel P/U - Rescued from neglegent PO
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"