winter projects

Carrots the TurboDiesel Scirocco will be getting an intercooler installed
(Audi5K) and an upgraded exhaust (2.25")  Exhaust will liekly involve a
mid muffler or resonator and a straight pipe at the rear.  I'm running
just a straight pipe now, and it's a little loud for a daily driver - you
can hear it coming for quite a ways.

In addition I have a bunch of body work to do, including repair on the
rear fender lips - I'm hoping I will have time to respray the car before
Cincy '03.

All of this will start, of course, after the winter beater's forty-foot
fakeout body job is done and she's out of the shed and on the road for the
(fast approaching) winter.  The beater (87 Jetta) gets a set of fender
flares (holy GL batman!) and a 16V 4 headlight grille, along with a turbo
diesel air-box bottom (no preheat) and a CIS-E/digifant cold air setup
(from behind the headlight instead of the air muffler in the fender,) just
so she doesn't feel neglected.  That should help the DX wannabe (JH
block/head, 10:1 pistons, G-grind cam, knock sensor, dual outlet manifold
and turbo-diesel muffler) inhale a little better.  Then, of course, I'll
be stuck paying 75 cents/litre for gas like the rest of the unwashed
hordes on the roads around here.... Sigh.  You just can't win.

Drew

=20