Dirty intake boot!

how does not having the plug on the mixture screw affect this? there
shouldn't be any connection b/t the mixture screw and the air intake, right?
unless i'm picturing things wrong. 95% of us are running w/o that plug
anyway with no problems. anyway, i don't see how that could damage your
engine. even if you did have a small hole in the intake, there isn't much
chance you've done any damage unless driving on dirt roads or something.

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, prelim web site, but not taking orders
yet: www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...