Random thoughts from weekend..(it's amazing how the little things can make you feel so good)

It's amazing how the little things can make you feel so good.. this
weekend I finally replaced my passenger side window regulator.. it
was a bitch.. but it is now done.. and both windows now go down at
the same nice fast pace and they go up at that same pace.. it's
amazing.. hasn't ever been that way since I have owned it (4 years
or so.. power windows on an 88 16v)
I also finally fixed my drivers seat.. I had that lovely problem where if
you pulled up on the lever the seat wouldn't fold forward.. I knew
why.. I just never did anything about it.. I finally went out and got
some picture wire.. and between building my own wire crimps to
hold things together.. I finally got it completely working.. again for the
first time since I have owned it.
I also took all the old stereo wiring that was in there for an amplifier
and got rid of it.. re-ran all the audio wires by removing the
seats/center console/and most of the carpet and bundling the wires
nicely and running everything under the carpet so it is finally
invisible..

Very small things in the grand scheme of things.. but they are finally
done.. and it feels so good to finally accomplish something.. makes
me understand all over again why I love this car..
Rob
88 16v