Swapping Hydro Heads

--part1_68.27c370fd.2aece734_boundary

Tosha,
caps with the head.  When a head is bored for the cam, the cam bearing caps
become specific for that head and for the locations they are in when bored.
That's why the caps have the location number on them and you should NOT turn
them around when reinstalling.  You might snap a cap or cause binding of the
cam if you use cap other than the ones that were machined with it.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/

tberk@mindspring.com writes:

Other question: I pulled the spare head's cam out and left it behind
along with the caps that held it down. I intend to swap my original cam
over with it's 'cam holder downer thingies' Am I forgetting anything
here?

--part1_68.27c370fd.2aece734_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Tosha,<BR>
Go back and get those bearing caps, now.&nbsp; You should keep the cam bearing caps with the head.&nbsp; When a head is bored for the cam, the cam bearing caps become specific for that head and for the locations they are in when bored.&nbsp; That's why the caps have the location number on them and you should NOT turn them around when reinstalling.&nbsp; You might snap a cap or cause binding of the cam if you use cap other than the ones that were machined with it.<BR>
<BR>
-Dick-<BR>
78 Scirocco<BR>
Original Owner<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
tberk@mindspring.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
Other question: I pulled the spare head's cam out and left it behind<BR>
along with the caps that held it down. I intend to swap my original cam<BR>
over with it's 'cam holder downer thingies' Am I forgetting anything<BR>
here?</FONT></HTML>

--part1_68.27c370fd.2aece734_boundary--