Swapping Hydro Heads

Well, I was trying to come up with some kind of neat subject line like
"Got some new head" or "got my head flattened" or maybe "Head Work, How
to torque the nuts, er bolts?" But I just wanted to really know if there
was any prep to a freshly scrapped head (RD motor) and it's block other
than degreasing and removal of all old gasket material.

I have a plastic scrapper I was going to use on the block (_It_ doesn't
need any flattening, does it?) I also have single sided safety razors.

Other question: I pulled the spare head's cam out and left it behind
along with the caps that held it down. I intend to swap my original cam
over with it's 'cam holder downer thingies' Am I forgetting anything
here? Keep in mind it's a hydro head, not valve adjustment necessary.
btw- I have the donor's cam lifters too, is it very important to get
them back in the same holes they came out of?

Daily driver is the plan for now, the RD is meant to hold me while I
assemble the JH/3A combo. For now I want to dial in the K/S system and
such with the RD's 10:1 compression and timing stuff. And swap the
rubber valve cover gasket over, natch.

Pretty soon I'll have a work shed and be talking about rebuilding motors
and stuff. :])

TBerk
Converting Theory  into Experience.