Weekend fun - stuck clutches

I have dealt with this problem as well...   I was successful in un-sticking
mine.  Started the car in gear, took it out on the road, floated it up to
3rd gear, then held clutch pedal in while getting on and off the throttle
repeatedly.  Took about 1/4 mile of this and it popped free.  Of course, do
it at a speed where the engine is near it's torque peak

Although I do applaud your use of a tractor (IHC I hope) in VW repair   :)

John

I had the clutch rust on my '80 Rabbit after a winter of storage years and
years ago.  I couldn't start the car except in Neutral, then couldn't
shift gears, of course.

I ended up chaining the bumper to a tractor and jacking the car up to
start it in first.  I let the car warm up a bit and let it down on cement
at WOT with a cement block on the clutch pedal.

A 1.6 will smoke tires (at least on cement.)  Admittedly I did let the car
down slowly so the tire had plenty of time to warm up, but by the time the
weight was down on the car the right front tire was smoking madly.

I ended up having to take the transmission out to free the stuck clutch.

I don't think I'd ever try that again though.

Drew