HELP MK1 suspension problems

--0-1823070099-1035568883=:13156

Good memory - it was me
The outcome was i nothing effectively - I got in there - took it apart - found nothing - put it back together - got a second opinion - found nothing
Realigned it - Drove off into the Sunset
As far as i could work out the shock internally got "stuck" - perhaps internal valves took a beating as after driving for a while and dismantling all was OK
Sorry cant be more help

Andy

 John Lagnese <jlagnese@massed.net> wrote:That happened to someone else recently. I think it was an English lister. I
don't remember the outcome, though.
John

Cory Langford wrote:

> Well, I think I did something bad to the '79 yesterday :(
>
> I was not paying attention and I ended up hitting a rather nice large pot
> hole dead on with the driver side wheel at about 120 KPH.
>
> When I hit it, it sounded like I ran into a wall. Nice huge BANG, and I hit
> the brake, but the car started rocking in a very weird way. It was like it
> was rocking back and forth between the front driver side and rear pass
> side. Almost like the wheels were no in the same plane as the other two
> corners.
>
> Even at slow speeds it did this, until about 5 minutes of slow driving
> later, I went over another bump and the front end seemed to pop up and
> things went back to normal again.
>
> I have not had a chance to look under the car yet. So I figured I would get
> some opinions for sat. job of pulling the suspension apart.
>
> The guy I bought it off of put new struts into it (or so he says) and it
> definitely has nice new Febi strut bearing/caps on.
>
> Any thoughts of where to look?
>
> I was thinking if he forgot to put the bump stops into the front, I may
> have hammered the strut into the top of the cart. and it go stuck until it
> worked its way back out again. Is that possible?
>
> Cory Langford
> '86 turbo project - running, just needs tuning :)
> '79 daily driver - Restore in progress...
> '65 Ghia - The next project in the garage

---------------------------------

--0-1823070099-1035568883=:13156

<P>Good memory - it was me
<P>The outcome was i nothing effectively - I got in there - took it apart - found nothing - put it back together - got a second opinion - found nothing
<P>Realigned it - Drove off into the Sunset
<P>As far as i could work out&nbsp;the shock internally got "stuck" - perhaps internal valves took a beating as after driving for a while and dismantling all was OK
<P>Sorry cant be more help
<P>&nbsp;
<P>Andy
<P>&nbsp;