Weekend fun - stuck clutches

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, John Van Vuren wrote:

> I have dealt with this problem as well...   I was successful in un-sticking
> mine.  Started the car in gear, took it out on the road, floated it up to
> 3rd gear, then held clutch pedal in while getting on and off the throttle
> repeatedly.  Took about 1/4 mile of this and it popped free.  Of course, do
> it at a speed where the engine is near it's torque peak
>
> Although I do applaud your use of a tractor (IHC I hope) in VW repair   :)

Sorry John - I inherited the IHC affinity after I got married - I was (and
still am) a Massey man.  The tractor was my faithful MH 44.  It was not
the first time, nor the last, that I've used a tractor for VW repair.  A
loader tractor makes a great engine hoist, car lift, crusher etc.

> John

Drew MacPherson - '84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco TurboDiesel