VW Reliability

--part1_10.274ec899.2aea2f80_boundary

Wow you guys are lucky. I've owned 5 VW's in my time and they all had the
worst problems with reliability. Even all my friends with new unmodified VW's
are always having problems with theres. Least they have the luxury of a
warranty and roadside assistance . .

About the only VW type thing that I've owned that were dead on reliable where
my 914's. Things never died, well there was that one time a torsion beam
broke but I was still able to drive home.

Then again I did like to drive my VW's a lot. Drove my Rocco cross country in
3 days just cause I never saw the pacific ocean and thought I should see it.
Only somewhat reliable VW I owned was my old rabbit pick up, but that one
only lasted 4 months until a drunk drive hit me. Ironic part was, he was
driving a beer truck. Now imagine being 16 and trying to explain that to your
irate father.

Oh for those who haven't seen broken VW's in the side of the road . . just go
to waterfest I count 4 or 5 on the way there and the way back. Hell I've been
one of them. Damn weak ass VW drive axles . .

Later
~Danny~
88 16v

--part1_10.274ec899.2aea2f80_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Wow you guys are lucky. I've owned 5 VW's in my time and they all had the worst problems with reliability. Even all my friends with new unmodified VW's are always having problems with theres. Least they have the luxury of a warranty and roadside assistance . . <BR>
<BR>
About the only VW type thing that I've owned that were dead on reliable where my 914's. Things never died, well there was that one time a torsion beam broke but I was still able to drive home.<BR>
<BR>
Then again I did like to drive my VW's a lot. Drove my Rocco cross country in 3 days just cause I never saw the pacific ocean and thought I should see it. Only somewhat reliable VW I owned was my old rabbit pick up, but that one only lasted 4 months until a drunk drive hit me. Ironic part was, he was driving a beer truck. Now imagine being 16 and trying to explain that to your irate father.<BR>
<BR>
Oh for those who haven't seen broken VW's in the side of the road . . just go to waterfest I count 4 or 5 on the way there and the way back. Hell I've been one of them. Damn weak ass VW drive axles . . <BR>
<BR>
Later<BR>
~Danny~<BR>
88 16v</FONT></HTML>