VW Reliability

Dude, you live in Colorado....

I can't COUNT the number of VWs I've see broken down on the various
highways in Colorado....honestly, the MAJORITY of broken down cars I see
are VWs....mostly american made rabbits...but A2s as well...and the
occasional 16v rocco wrecked to shit.   Thing is, VWs are VERY popular in
Colorado...so, there are alot more neglected examples around...

Its not like we drive the most reliable vehicle people...face facts,
Hondas have longer lasting parts...even the old ones, early 80s civic
wagons, for whatever reason, are EXTREAMLY tough....just one example.
Thing is, we DON"T drive VWs cause they are reliable.  They are unique,
cheap to fix, and a FUCKING blast to drive...each has its own soul,
etc....

Don't justify owning a VW cause it is reliable....that is toally
counter-intuitive to the real reason.....I personally LOVE the VW
family...people that own these cars have a certain thing about them that
Honda (LEMMING) owners dont have....an appreciation for *driving*

End rant mode...

Eric *stranded by more than my share of dubs....but NONE that didn't give
me some warning first*

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport (400cc, 4 cyl, OHC 8v, 10k RPM redline *grin*)
80 Scirocco ----SOLD!!----
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)

-Kelli Fox