R32

> for VWoA.  But $32k for an R32?  Who in their right mind is going
> to buy one?

Not necessarily in my right mind, but I'm giving serious consideration to
buying one.  Keep in mind the $32k price everyone is throwing around is pure
speculation at this point, but I believe it's a reasonable step up from the
$25k price of an '03 GTI VR6, considering the bigger engine, 4Motion, Konig
sport seats, faster steering rack, lower/stiffer suspension, and numerous
other goodies and upgrades that one would normally apply.  (Yeah, that
sentence was mighty long...)

> And, by the time it arrives, the Mk5's will already
> be hitting the road in Europe, with intro here to follow shortly
> thereafter, so it's on an obsolete platform by the time it even
> hits the streets.

Pssst!  Our Sciroccos are also on an obsolete platform!  ;P

> There will be a nicely equipped 20th Anniversary GTI out come
> springtime, which should be even nicer than the 337.  That car
> will be a far more practical purchase than an R32 will ever be.

Uh, so the 20th Anniversary GTI will be on a "nearly obsolete" platform,
since the R32 is rumored to be available next summer/fall?  Don't get me
wrong, the Anniversary Edition would be the package I'd want since I
couldn't get a 337, but the prospect of having a 4Motion hatch with 240bhp
sounds really good to me.  Of course, I actually see snow on occasion where
I live, whereas you probably don't...

Mike Carlson
'84 Scirocco Wolfsburg Edition - Sonja - Daily driver for now
'95 GTI VR6 - Wolfgang - Recovering
http://www.divergent.org/mikes.vws/