R32

That is cool and all, but:

1) The WRX (and other cars) are still faster and
cheaper.

2) VW dealerships still SUCK when it comes to
servicing people with "mods".

3) I'm still not convinced that VW is committed to
performance. After the 337 and now the R32, I'm
starting to see a good trend, but we're still not
there by a long shot. I'll really be convinced when
VWoA starts *hosting* autocrosses for their
enthusiasts (like the one I just went to for SoA), and
starts paying contingency money at national events
(like the $500 worth of checks I have on my kitchen
table right now).

Heck, I can go to my local Subaru dealership and buy a
brand new 400whp WRX with a Austrailian-built stroked
2.2L engine and coilovers and have the guy flown in
from AUS to tune it for me. Of course I have to admit
that my dealership is *unusually* cool, even among
Subaru dealers, and that car costs about $70k. But
there *are* other dealers doing similar things!

Gawd, would it be cool if I could get some contingency
money for my '77 project?? I'm all for it!

Neal
(yes, I already put down a deposit for the STi)