Dubya RX

> From: "Neal" <nealtovsen@yahoo.com>
> >  However, before we blame Subaru, here's my
> > challenge: Show me a high-performance AWD car (especially one under
$25k)
> > that does NOT have a "weak" tranny!

Is this a way to justify?  I think it's a load of crap that manufacturers
throw a turbo onto a car that can't handle that power when the power is the
biggest selling point of the car!  I also think that it is a load that NO
ONE can make a front wheel drive automatic transmission to save their
lives!!  Of course, this is the tip of the iceberg but defineatly one reason
why I will probably never buy a new vehicle in my lifetime.  I understand
capitalism and I am all for it but I am not for the unloading of junk on the
American public just because it has a "name" attached to it.  There is a BIG
difference between companies that maintain quality throughout the life of
the company and those who sell out to make cheaper parts to grow the profit
margin.  I defineately believe that Subaru could make a transmission that
could hold up to the power of the engine (not taking driver stupidity into
consideration) without breaking.  But, then again, I expect the same for VW
and their automatice transmissions, Dodge Chrysler Plymouth and their FWD
autos, Ford and their FWD autos, etc. etc. etc.  I think 15 to 25 grand is
way too much to spend on something when it won't hold up to the regular
rigors of everyday driving especially when there is no one (not even
themselves) to hold them responsible for faulty parts after the warranty
period (which has so many loop holes it's pathetic).  And of all the
manufacturers that make a good AWD performance car that it tough enough to
hold up to the power of the motor just happens to be a German car!!  Right
on Christian!!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Dave