8v head help

I'm going to finish putting my engine back together tomorrow.  I'm
putting on a hydro head onto a car that started out with a JH engine.
There is a hose fitting on the JH head between the 3&4 injectors.  It
looks like a little tube.  On the hydro head, there is no tube, just a
hole where a tube could fit in.  I can't get the tube out of the JH head
to put in the hydro.  I made a block off plate for the space.  Do you
think that I will have any problems with this?  What is the tube for?  I
think it is some kind of vent.  The GTI head I had didn't have a tube or
hole, so if anyone is wondering, that's the difference between a GTI
head and a JH.
--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80%