16V Scirocco AWD???

You are right that is a Buick Grand National V6 and it puts it to the ground
through Audi Quattro gear. The Rutan boys are members of my auto cross club
http://www.cartct.com . There is Dan Rutan with the #81 lime green V6 AWD
'84 Scirocco, his father Bill Rutan with the gray #80 '80 16v AWD also
Quattro, cousins Will #99 and Chip Rutan #9 run a Baja Bug. Those boys are
FAST. I'll be seeing the '80 Scirocco and The Bug today at our last event of
the season. The '84 with the V6 only comes out for special occasions like
our Tri-States two weekends ago. Awesome to watch, and what a sound that
makes. Additional photos at http://www.ctautoevents.com/home.htm "coverage",
"CT Tri-States October 6, 2002".

Bill Rutan has asked me if I could locate a dash vin plate from a '75,'76',
or '77 Scirocco. Due to Connecticut changing our means of registering cars,
right now you could register anything. He would like to get vintage plates
(25 years or better) for his car. Are there any out there?

Rick Alexander
'87 MKII Rolling Roc
'86 Cabbie
'81 "S" MKI G60 in progress