driver's side vent question

I'm more curious than worried about this one, so if anybody has any idea...

my driver's side vent has blown colder than...well, something really cold
since I picked up my rocc in June. In August it was really nice as it blew 20x
colder than the AC coming from the other vents. Now it has turned cold, so I
have simply shut the vent, problem solved. But does anybody have any idea why
it would be doing this? (does it heat on/off ac on/off). Originally I thought
that the vent was just disconnected, but wouldn't that mean that in the summer
warm air would have come out? this thing is positively FRIGID all the time.
input? Thanks

Lyman
87 8v ~also equipped with the toiletbowl from hell. Rick's Driveway is full of
them from time to time :)