  From: Robbie Cotner=20
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 7:04 PM
  Subject: getting really hard to roll up windows

  Hey all,

  pretty much ever since I bought my '83 I've had trouble rolling up the =
windows.  They have manual cranks.  I had this same problem on my '84, =
so I assume it's fairly common.  I may be wrong but it seems the colder =
it is, the harder it is to roll them up.  Last winter I snapped a window =
crank it was so hard to roll up(and the crank was less than a month =
old).  It seems the window is off track, the rear goes up faster than =
the front of the window(or vise-versa?), and I usually have to crank =
with one hand and wiggle the window with the other to get it to go up. =
How do I fix this?  What parts and tools are required, if it is fixable =
that is-

  Rob

------=_NextPart_000_02D6_01C277A4.3EA3CFA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; probably missing one =
of the 2=20
screws that hold it. as far as off-track, if it goes all the way up, it =
cant be=20
off the track. the grease on the rail gets old and slimey, absorbing =
dust/dirt.=20
removal and a good cleaning/regreasing of the rail/cable will go a long=20
way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; the front and rear =
rails may be=20
missing a bolt on the top or bottom, resulting in one of them twisting, =
and=20
catching the window in that rail.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hth</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Drobw_z@yahoo.com href=3D"mailto:robw_z@yahoo.com";>Robbie =
Cotner</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, October 19, =
2002 7:04=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> getting really hard to =
roll up=20
  windows</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>Hey all,</P>
  <P>pretty much ever since I bought my '83 I've had trouble rolling up =
the=20
  windows.&nbsp; They have manual cranks.&nbsp; I had this same problem =
on my=20
  '84, so I assume it's fairly common.&nbsp; I may be wrong but it seems =
the=20
  colder it is, the harder it is to roll them up.&nbsp; Last winter I =
snapped a=20
  window crank it was so hard to roll up(and the crank was less than a =
month=20
  old).&nbsp; It seems the window is off track, the rear goes up faster =
than the=20
  front of the window(or vise-versa?), and&nbsp;I usually have to crank =
with one=20
  hand and wiggle the window&nbsp;with the other to get it to go =
up.&nbsp;How do=20
  I fix this?&nbsp; What parts and tools are required, if it is fixable =
that=20
  is-</P>
  <P>Rob</P>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href=3D"http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ ">Y! Web =
Hosting</A> -=20
  Let the expert host your web site</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02D6_01C277A4.3EA3CFA0--