  From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Robbie Cotner
  Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 4:04 PM
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Subject: getting really hard to roll up windows

  Hey all,

  pretty much ever since I bought my '83 I've had trouble rolling up the
windows.  They have manual cranks.  I had this same problem on my '84, so I
assume it's fairly common.  I may be wrong but it seems the colder it is,
the harder it is to roll them up.  Last winter I snapped a window crank it
was so hard to roll up(and the crank was less than a month old).  It seems
the window is off track, the rear goes up faster than the front of the
window(or vise-versa?), and I usually have to crank with one hand and wiggle
the window with the other to get it to go up. How do I fix this?  What parts
and tools are required, if it is fixable that is-

  Rob

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C2778A.E5D48EA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D150451423-19102002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>Inside=20
of the window track on the "outside" or door latch side, there is a =
channel with=20
a rubber backed felt liner, this track liner wears out, or comes loose =
and can=20
bunch up.&nbsp; You will need to remove the door panel with the window =
rolled up=20
to access this area, then you can either glue it down or straighten it =
out or=20
whatever.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D150451423-19102002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D150451423-19102002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>BcH</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org =
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]<B>On=20
  Behalf Of </B>Robbie Cotner<BR><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, October 19, 2002 =
4:04=20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> getting =
really=20
  hard to roll up windows<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <P>Hey all,</P>
  <P>pretty much ever since I bought my '83 I've had trouble rolling up =
the=20
  windows.&nbsp; They have manual cranks.&nbsp; I had this same problem =
on my=20
  '84, so I assume it's fairly common.&nbsp; I may be wrong but it seems =
the=20
  colder it is, the harder it is to roll them up.&nbsp; Last winter I =
snapped a=20
  window crank it was so hard to roll up(and the crank was less than a =
month=20
  old).&nbsp; It seems the window is off track, the rear goes up faster =
than the=20
  front of the window(or vise-versa?), and&nbsp;I usually have to crank =
with one=20
  hand and wiggle the window&nbsp;with the other to get it to go =
up.&nbsp;How do=20
  I fix this?&nbsp; What parts and tools are required, if it is fixable =
that=20
  is-</P>
  <P>Rob</P>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href=3D"http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ ">Y! Web =
Hosting</A> -=20
  Let the expert host your web site</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C2778A.E5D48EA0--