  From: Robbie Cotner
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 8:59 PM
  Subject: what happened to my car when it was "stolen"? odd story...

  Hey all, I just when to pick up some VW parts at a nearby "auto recycler".
This place is pretty damn big and corporate-like, and I live in SD so I
usually leave my keys in the ignition.  When I got there I parked in
designated "customer parking spot #1".  I leave my keys in there and then go
out to the yard to get some parts.  2 hours later I come back, pay for my
parts, and when I go back out my car is no longer in spot #1, it's in spot
#5.  WTF!!  It looks like some guys needed to drive an RV past through spot
#1, onto the grass beyond it.  So I assume, unless my Scirocco is possessed,
that he got in my car, and drove it over to another spot.  Some guy I've
never even seen!  Since my '83 has the "only-I-can-drive-it" shift linkage,
(it needs some work and thus nobody knows how to shift but me). So I assume
this asshole, whoever he is, had a fun time grinding my gears for what! ever
distance he drove it.  I may just be paranoid but after this incident it
feels like my clutch pedal has much more travel before it gets to the point
of resistance thatn it used to.  Also, this one is weird, now my shift light
is on almost all the time.  On the hour trip down to the yard, my shift
light came on as usual.  But on the trip back, the shift light is on
whenever I maintain a constant speed, no matter what speed that is.  If I
accelerate or decelerate it goes off for a bit,  but then comes on again
when I resume a constant speed.  In itself this is just annoying, but why is
it doing this NOW, and does that reflect a larger problem?  Thanks guys, and
although I'm probably the only one, don't leave your keys in the car!-

  Rob

  faith.yahoo.com

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C276EE.83DBA860

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Man, just pull the realy for that light =
and make it=20
go out forever...&nbsp; They are annoying as hell anyway.&nbsp; =
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alan</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Drobw_z@yahoo.com href=3D"mailto:robw_z@yahoo.com";>Robbie =
Cotner</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, October 18, 2002 =
8:59=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> what happened to my =
car when it=20
  was "stolen"? odd story...</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <P>Hey all, I just when to pick up some VW parts at a nearby "auto=20
  recycler".&nbsp; This place is pretty damn big and corporate-like, and =
I live=20
  in SD so I usually leave my keys in the ignition.&nbsp; When I got =
there I=20
  parked in designated "customer parking spot #1".&nbsp; I leave my keys =
in=20
  there and then go out to the yard to get some parts.&nbsp; 2 hours =
later I=20
  come back, pay for my parts, and when I go back out my car is no =
longer in=20
  spot #1, it's in spot #5.&nbsp; WTF!!&nbsp; It looks like some guys =
needed to=20
  drive an RV past through spot #1, onto the grass beyond it.&nbsp; So I =
assume,=20
  unless my Scirocco is possessed, that he got in my car, and drove it =
over to=20
  another&nbsp;spot.&nbsp; Some guy I've never even =
seen!&nbsp;&nbsp;Since=20
  my&nbsp;'83&nbsp;has the&nbsp;"only-I-can-drive-it" shift linkage, (it =
needs=20
  some work and thus nobody knows how to shift&nbsp;but me).&nbsp;So I =
assume=20
  this&nbsp;asshole, whoever he is,&nbsp;had a fun time grinding =
my&nbsp;gears=20
  for what! ever distance he drove it.&nbsp; I may just be&nbsp;paranoid =

  but&nbsp;after this incident it feels like my clutch pedal has=20
  much&nbsp;more&nbsp;travel before it&nbsp;gets to the point of =
resistance=20
  thatn it used to.&nbsp; Also, this one is weird,&nbsp;now my shift =
light is on=20
  almost all the time.&nbsp; On the hour trip down&nbsp;to the =
yard,&nbsp;my=20
  shift light came on as usual.&nbsp; But on the trip back, the shift =
light=20
  is&nbsp;on whenever I maintain a constant speed, no matter what speed =
that=20
  is.&nbsp; If I accelerate or decelerate it goes off for a bit, =
&nbsp;but then=20
  comes on again when I resume a constant speed.&nbsp; In itself this is =
just=20
  annoying, but why is it doing this NOW, and does that reflect a larger =

  problem?&nbsp; Thanks guys, and although I'm probably the only one, =
don't=20
  leave your keys in the car!-&nbsp; </P>
  <P>Rob</P>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A href=3D"http://faith.yahoo.com";>Faith Hill</A> - =
Exclusive=20
  Performances, Videos, &amp; more<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://faith.yahoo.com";>faith.yahoo.com</A></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></=
HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C276EE.83DBA860--