Audi 4000 Oil pressure guage and the dual sender unit

OK, here is my issue. I snagged a set of Audi 4000
gauges a while back and installed them in the Scirocco
along with the dual pressure sender I got from the
Potters. Since I've had this thing hooked up I've been
concerned that my pressure was too low. It will have
an initial level of 3 bar at start-up, this will last
a few minutes until the engine heats up, then it would
drop to .5 bar at 980RPM, and hover around 1.5 at
3500RPM, and I'm running 20w-50 oil in a 1.8 16V.
So I bought a new oil pump(a 2.0 pump mind you) in an
attempt to bring that pressure reading to the 2.0 bar
at 2000RPM the Bentley says it should be at a minimum.
Cranked it up today to see the new pump only giving me
about a .4 bar increase at idle, and I've yet to take
it out on the highway, that'll be tomorrow. So, my
question is, does anybody out there have the same
set-up as me, and are you getting higher pressure
readings? I'm wondering if maybe the sender is really
not the correct rating for the gauge. At least I don't
have the buzzer in the dash going off, so I must have
at least the bare minimum pressure required.

Thanks...

=====
Jeff Lowe
Garland, Texas
'59 Euro Spec Beetle (Waiting it's turn for resto)
'64 Type-34 Karmann Ghia (Got parts?)
'86 Scirocco 16V
'98 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4