PS rack

> I changed the ps pump in my Jetta DD, but PS still sucks. When I changed
> the pump there was a peculiar smell. While installing the new pump I
> realized, brake fluid! The PO must have brake fluid, which is hydraulic
> fluid, in the PS instead of tranny fluid. Could this have ruined my
> rack?

  abdsolutely. the rack was toast in my original '86 because of some cheap fluid. morerecently the pump on my other '86 became toast after finding bottles of Crap-o brand power steering fluid in tiny bottles throughout the car. they're supposed to have the special VW hydraulic fluid in there, but at $22 a litre it's not cheap. it's the same thing as the Pentosin 11S, if you can find that. i'm using it now because i get the discount. i wouldn't mind getting it for other people, though i won't ship it out. would only cost $15 if you're interested.

--
 /\_/\    Foxx (in a box)
   http://foxx.tripod.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com