'82 Scirocco for Sale (AZ)

--part1_154.15eabcf6.2adcb22a_boundary

In case you haven't seen my post on VW Vortex, I'm selling one of my
Sciroccos.

Here's some details about the car:

1982 Scirocco, painted spray can black, was originally metallic green.

Straight body, very little rust.

It runs smoothly, original 8v engine (1.6 or 1.7?) with an estimated 130k
miles. Odo/Carfax discrepancy.

Engine drips a few drops of oil from the oil pan gasket, was waiting until
next oil change to fix that.

5-speed manual - shifts fine, needs the bushing kit replaced.

13" Teardrop rims that need new tires, one or 2 don't hold air anymore.

Needs a new windshield.

Body is straight and not rusty - Las Vegas (dry weather) car - I bought it in
Las Vegas and trailered it back last year.

It has an overheating problem at idle because the radiator fan will not come
on at temp. I have a new fan switch here that I'd include, am not sure if
it's the correct part but can be made to work with pin splicing, but have not
tested the fan motor to see where the problem is (it can only be one of those
2 items). Both are pretty cheap parts on eBay.

It is an A/C car with all equipment still in the car, but the compressor belt
is misaligned and slips. System does hold pressure and does work well when
the fan isn't slipping.

Interior is basically gutted, no carpet, sound deadening, back seat, what
remains is the front seats and dash in rough condition. Rough for a daily
driver, good start for a strip-down restoration or race car.

Trunk has quite a few bags of various small spares, as well as either the
rear seat cushion or back.I'd include most of them.

Car has sat for nearly a year in a shaded area, picked up dust and some bird
crap, probably won't start on the first crank any more.

I'm asking $700 obo, I'm in Gilbert - e-mail me if you're interested and I
can get you pics.

Sam

--part1_154.15eabcf6.2adcb22a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In case you haven't seen my post on VW Vortex, I'm selling one of my Sciroccos.<BR>
<BR>
Here's some details about the car:<BR>
<BR>
1982 Scirocco, painted spray can black, was originally metallic green.<BR>
<BR>
Straight body, very little rust.<BR>
<BR>
It runs smoothly, original 8v engine (1.6 or 1.7?) with an estimated 130k miles. Odo/Carfax discrepancy.<BR>
<BR>
Engine drips a few drops of oil from the oil pan gasket, was waiting until next oil change to fix that.<BR>
<BR>
5-speed manual - shifts fine, needs the bushing kit replaced.<BR>
<BR>
13" Teardrop rims that need new tires, one or 2 don't hold air anymore.<BR>
<BR>
Needs a new windshield.<BR>
<BR>
Body is straight and not rusty - Las Vegas (dry weather) car - I bought it in Las Vegas and trailered it back last year.<BR>
<BR>
It has an overheating problem at idle because the radiator fan will not come on at temp. I have a new fan switch here that I'd include, am not sure if it's the correct part but can be made to work with pin splicing, but have not tested the fan motor to see where the problem is (it can only be one of those 2 items). Both are pretty cheap parts on eBay.<BR>
<BR>
It is an A/C car with all equipment still in the car, but the compressor belt is misaligned and slips. System does hold pressure and does work well when the fan isn't slipping.<BR>
<BR>
Interior is basically gutted, no carpet, sound deadening, back seat, what remains is the front seats and dash in rough condition. Rough for a daily driver, good start for a strip-down restoration or race car.<BR>
<BR>
Trunk has quite a few bags of various small spares, as well as either the rear seat cushion or back.I'd include most of them.<BR>
<BR>
Car has sat for nearly a year in a shaded area, picked up dust and some bird crap, probably won't start on the first crank any more.<BR>
<BR>
I'm asking $700 obo, I'm in Gilbert - e-mail me if you're interested and I can get you pics.<BR>
<BR>
Sam</FONT></HTML>

--part1_154.15eabcf6.2adcb22a_boundary--