Need wheel advice (badly) - a tad long

--- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The next problem is that I really like the profile of the 16s, but
> most of you recommended getting 15s last time I brought this up. I'm
> pretty sure I can get both sizes - is that still the consensus?
> _______

Well, to answer your last question first, and this is just my
conservative opinion, is to go with the smaller wheels.  Larger
wheels/low profile tires are more prone to bending and transmit more
road/tire NVH into the car.  If you can handle that, fine, but here in
Cincy the potholes get pretty bad, so I just run my stock 14" wheels
year round, and go down to 13" for autox.  I think the cool factor of
bigger wheels is, well, cool, but I don't like spending $$ on
straightening, etc.

I think staightening is up to about $80/wheel locally not including
dismount/remount/balance (Cliff Jacobs Auto Service, Harrison Avenue,
North College Hill).

How did you have them rotated?  Just F->R, just L-R, or both?

And yes, IMO 30' skid can flatspot your tires...it took less than than
to flatspot mine (stock size Dunlop D60).

I'd go 15" with the best tire you can afford.

Ron