A quick word on deer whistles

--- "John C. Worden" <scirocco@powerlink.net> wrote:
> At 09:57 AM 10/11/02 -0400, drew wrote:
>
> >A friend schooling in Thunder Jay-zuz (Thunder Bay
> for the non-local) used
> >to make the drive through moose country in his 79
> Tbird quite regulalry
> >and had a few close calls.  He once told me of
> coming around a corner and
> >arriving at an accident scene - bull moose vs Honda
> Civic.  He surmised
> >that based on the Honda, any occupants must be dead
> - the mosse apparently
> >landed on top of the car. He did witness the
> recently arrived O.P.P.
> >officers putting down the moose, who was still
> alive and rampaging around
> >with a broken leg.
> >
> >Moral of the story - don't drive Hondas... :)
> >
> >Drew
> >

> That's a pretty normal thing for an accident with a
> moose.  If you are
> driving a car and
> hit it head on, considering it's height, it falls on
> the front of the roof,
> generally killing or
> severely injuring the occupants.  We get that around
> here a couple of times
> a year(Maine).
> So hitting a deer doesn't seem so bad when you think
> of the alternatives.
>

> John C. Worden
> Bucksport, Maine

On one of my encounters with deer I came to a stop and
this deer and I just looked at each other. I couldn't
help but notice the 'Roc was of a height where a
direct hit might tumble the deer, just like your moose
description, back over the car. It might just come
crashing through the windshield, and maybe it's still
alive. Let your imagination take over from there.
Indeed, I know this to have happened in MN. I also had
another encounter just last night with two more deer.
They crossed well ahead of me. No problem with that.

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://www.home.earthlink.net/~jomoj/
1987 16V Scirocco