A quick word on deer whistles

--=======62A66752=======

At 09:57 AM 10/11/02 -0400, drew wrote:

>A friend schooling in Thunder Jay-zuz (Thunder Bay for the non-local) used
>to make the drive through moose country in his 79 Tbird quite regulalry
>and had a few close calls.  He once told me of coming around a corner and
>arriving at an accident scene - bull moose vs Honda Civic.  He surmised
>that based on the Honda, any occupants must be dead - the mosse apparently
>landed on top of the car. He did witness the recently arrived O.P.P.
>officers putting down the moose, who was still alive and rampaging around
>with a broken leg.
>
>Moral of the story - don't drive Hondas... :)
>
>Drew

That's a pretty normal thing for an accident with a moose.  If you are
driving a car and
hit it head on, considering it's height, it falls on the front of the roof,
generally killing or
severely injuring the occupants.  We get that around here a couple of times
a year(Maine).
So hitting a deer doesn't seem so bad when you think of the alternatives.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'92 Polaris Indy Deluxe