1.8T swap: was: Engines- Vroom vroom

RE: 1.8T swap: was: Engines- Vroom vroomI think it is pretty clear what the
ultimate motor for power is since VW is dropping the 1.8T and going with the
2.0L 16v T.  I believe that it is easier than most people think to attain
200hp out of a 2.0L 16v, especially if you go high compression and high
octane fuel.  On the other hand, I haven't had much experience with the
1.8T, only in a Passat and in a GTI (beat one once with my 2.0L 16v Rabbit).
I think once you chip the thing, it starts to be more expensive than the 16v
motors to squeeze more HP out of especially once you start doing headwork,
buying bigger turbos, special custom exhaust, etc.  Anyway, just my opinion
and that is coming from a 16v enthusiast.

I am actually impressed with all of the VW motors (outside of the pancake
aircooled vanagon motors) and enjoy working on and tweaking them all, even
diesels!  I'm just glad that VW, as a european manufacturer, has made this
quality stuff available to us at a decent price so we can play!

Dave

<snip>
Dan makes many excellent points however I would like to explore/contest this
statement and use it as a discussion "When you consider ultimate power
potential there's no contest!"
How would the 1.8T be THE ultimate power motor?
Lets put the brain trust to work and get some opinions and dialog going.  I
know that there are many of us building interesting high $$ and high HP
motors......it would be nice to see what people think.

Brian Honnold
Vice President Multifamily Acquisitions
Pacific Capital Investments
Phone:  916.773.3300