(ot) WAS i got a car dolly! Now Roc towing

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, John Van Vuren wrote:

> Heh...  is that so?   Must be why my truck had a quarter million miles on
> it, almost ALL of those towing, with a bone stock auto tranny and slightly
> upgraded engine.  A few people on this list can testify to the fact that I
> was not gentle on it either   ;)

Yeah....gentle John is NOT on his vehicles...for such a big bastard, that
Cummins got up and MOVED :-)

> >From what I have read on the diesel forums, the "weak spot" is the lockup
> clutch in the torque converter, I've never heard of any kind of self
> machining syndrome.  For the record, I finally "killed" my tranny around
> 255k miles by brake-torquing it next to a Ford Powdersmoke at a light and
> burned the forward clutches together...   drove it another 3000 miles that
> way....   neutral was the same as drive...  and couldn't use reverse
> anymore.  Oh yeah, still beat the Ford to the next light!

hehehe....

I've actually heard the manuals were weaker?

Eric

> John - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/dualieburnout.jpg - I didn't do that
> one, but have done some similar

Now that is funny!

--
Eric
Northglenn, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport (400cc, 4 cyl, OHC 8v, 10k RPM redline *grin*)
80 Scirocco ----SOLD!!----
81 Scirocco S (*TDI* swap and complete restoration in holding pattern)
81 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel (Waiting for BAE Turbo Install)
87 Suzuki Samurai JX Hardtop (Soon to be VW Turbo Diesel Powered)

-Kelli Fox