blue alternator wire/battery light/no voltage

I'm going through a little blue-wire thing myself.  Here are my tips:

Measure voltage between back of alt (big positive terminal nut) to alt body,
first with car off, then with it on.  If voltage is lower when on, alt is
not charging, but...

Run a wire from +12 terminal of battery to end of blue wire on alt.  Voltage
probably won't change until you rev the engine.  If your alt raises the
measured voltage when you rev it a little, your alt is good to go.  I have
to rev mine to ~3 grand at times for some reason.

If that does work, you have blue-wire blues of some form. With engine not
running, but ignition on (don't know about ignition off) you should see +12v
at the end of the blue wire.  If not, check the connection at the positive
battery terminal.  If still no, check it at the instrument panel.  That's
all I know.

My alt needs the afore mentioned high revs to get excited, and my blue light
doesn't work at all, though my blue-wire is consistently getting the needed
+12.  Not a very good combination. I'm still working on that.

BH