(ot) WAS i got a car dolly! Now Roc towing

Heh...  is that so?   Must be why my truck had a quarter million miles on
it, almost ALL of those towing, with a bone stock auto tranny and slightly
upgraded engine.  A few people on this list can testify to the fact that I
was not gentle on it either   ;)

>From what I have read on the diesel forums, the "weak spot" is the lockup
clutch in the torque converter, I've never heard of any kind of self
machining syndrome.  For the record, I finally "killed" my tranny around
255k miles by brake-torquing it next to a Ford Powdersmoke at a light and
burned the forward clutches together...   drove it another 3000 miles that
way....   neutral was the same as drive...  and couldn't use reverse
anymore.  Oh yeah, still beat the Ford to the next light!

John - http://www.prod.net/jvanvuren/dualieburnout.jpg - I didn't do that
one, but have done some similar