list etiquette

Tyler wrote:

> Frankly, I like when people leave the other replies in the email,
> unless it gets too long.  Perhaps leave just the message that you're
> replying to rather than attaching the previous 40 messages in a topic.

THIS reply is a good example of what George was suggesting - DO quote
the original message you're replying to, but trim out unnecessary fluff
and other chaff like triple-quoted passages, and long-winded paragraphs
that aren't completely necessary to make your reply relevant to the
original topic.  In this case, I trimmed out 2/3rds of the msg I'm
replying to, and all of the msg that reply was replying to, because
leaving it in place wasn't necessary to get the point across and
would have just made the new msg longer - and by now it's too long
as it is!   ;D

No HTML here either.. that's always a good thing to keep off the list.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA