[non-roc] 3A oil cooler or not?

Hey everyone...

I'm neck deep in a 3A 2.0l swap into my Fox.

I'm not positive anyone would answer this question on the Fox list, so I
figure just go right to the people that know thier shit.

Damn, I just slammed the Fox list.

Anywho....

On the Fox 1.8, the oil filter carrier is tilted to allow room for the
engine mount, and on the Audi 3A, the oil filter carrier/mount thing goes
straight down to where it would interfere with the engine mount.

How bad would it be to run this engine without the oil cooler?

-Dave
'88 Foxwagen 3A project
'89 Foxwagen beater