From: "Cathy Boyko" <losinit@usa.net>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 7:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Re: E Test results - ~:(]

Allyn <amalventano1@comcast.net> wrote:
oh crap, i had it backwards, you're running rich. chart i was reading was
based
on excess-air factor, not ideal fuel.
sorry bout that.
Al

Yeah, I knew it meant it was rich, too much fuel to burn properly, hence the
HCs and CO lacking that other oxygen. And there are other indicators that it
is rich, but I didn't think it was excessively so, and rich is safer than
lean, correct? Anyway, WHY so far off is the question. The "helpful guys" at
the ETest gave me a sheet with about 20 possible things, so I figured you guys
could help narrow it down (I've already ruled out faulty carburator...so that
leaves like 19 things). How do you rule out the cat? It's a TT unit, new about
20 000 kms ago. I'll check the O2 sensor, it may be pretty old.
Anyway, I'm pretty unhappy, thank goodness they can't sniff my other two cars
(they just doa  visual) or I'd be really ticked off.