[Re: E Test results - ~:(]

Cathy Boyko wrote:

> Allyn <amalventano1@comcast.net> wrote:
> oh crap, i had it backwards, you're running rich. chart i was reading was
> based
> on excess-air factor, not ideal fuel.
> sorry bout that.
> Al
>
> Yeah, I knew it meant it was rich, too much fuel to burn properly, hence the
> HCs and CO lacking that other oxygen. And there are other indicators that it
> is rich, but I didn't think it was excessively so, and rich is safer than
> lean, correct? Anyway, WHY so far off is the question. The "helpful guys" at
> the ETest gave me a sheet with about 20 possible things, so I figured you guys
> could help narrow it down (I've already ruled out faulty carburator...so that
> leaves like 19 things). How do you rule out the cat? It's a TT unit, new about
> 20 000 kms ago. I'll check the O2 sensor, it may be pretty old.
> Anyway, I'm pretty unhappy, thank goodness they can't sniff my other two cars
> (they just doa  visual) or I'd be really ticked off.

Cathy? After such a major hybrid mod operation it seems you'd want to
take it to a shop with a gas analyzer and get the fuel to air ratio set.
>From there you can keep the thing in tune.

I've always done this and have had no problems passing smog, even when
the components are all 100K & 200K mile bone yard parts. (Can you say;
Well Seasoned?)

hth,
TBerk