E Test results - ~:(

Right, I was gonna say! ;)

Yep, Cathy you're probably running rich.  Whether your cat is okay or not
really depends on how high the numbers are -- and what's causing
them.  16vs can often pass emissions tests without a cat, so if your car is
running properly, you probably wouldn't be too bad even with a
non-functioning cat.

The most likely culprit is the O2 sensor.  The computer looks to the O2
sensor to tell it how rich the engine is running.  The O2 sensor produces a
small voltage that increases the more unburned fuel is in the exhaust
stream.   At 0 volts, there would be no oxygen present at all.  The max
your O2 sensor will put out is about 1 volt.

As your sensor ages, it tends to put less and less voltage.  If it's
putting out next to no voltage, your computer is going to think that your
engine is running very lean, and so it is going to richen up the mixture
until it sees the O2 sensor values it wants to.

What I would do first is test DPR current if you are able to.  If it's not
fluctuating as it should, and is instead showing a fixed value, that means
that something (and again IMHO probably your O2 sensor) is fucked up to the
point that the computer can't compensate for it -- so it just dumps fuel in
in the hope that the car won't run lean enough to damage itself.

I would also check the voltage coming from the O2 sensor -- regardless of
whether you check DPR current.  Warm up the car (I'd say drive it around
for a few minutes to make sure that the sensor is good and hot -- it
doesn't work until it's hot), and disconnect the wire to it.  Measure the
voltage from the signal wire of the O2 sensor (there are 3 wires -- the two
combined in one harness is voltage for the heater built into the O2 sensor,
the single is the signal) to ground.  At idle, you should probably see a
value somewhere around 0.5V if the car is running normally.  With your very
high HC readings, I'm suspecting with a good O2 sensor, you should be
looking at a value much closer to 0.9V.

Good luck and HTH!
Jason