subwoofer box install info

To get the cleanest sound possible, you want to get as much distance as you
can from the sub.  What works best is putting the subs in the spare tire
well with a fiberglass enclosure, that way the bass has to travel up to the
hatch, then all the way up to your ears.  Then by the time you hear it, it's
a nicely devolopped, smooth wave.

If you can't do that, probably aiming back would be the best spot, but as
you said that can create resonances because of the pressurizing.  That's how
you can make bazooka tubes sound really good.

Anyhow, good luck.

Vince