desperate help needed (back up light)!!!

Alright...call off the hounds.  Chalk another one up to the wonderful
quirks of our cars(after all isn't that why we love them?).  So I goes out
to my car after writing the original e-mail (pissed off as usual) and take
the new back up light switch out to see what is going on inside that little
magical hole.  Not that one you freaks!!!!  The one that houses the back up
light switch.  So in go the fingers and do some diddling...put the car in
reverse and continue to diddle some more.  I feel the contact that would be
made with the switch and give it some attention.  Put my old switch (which
BTW was not busted after all, just need to be ripped apart and cleaned out)
back in and voila, the back up lights work perfectly.  So if any of you out
there runs into a similar problem, just get yer little fingers dirty and do
some diddling.  Also as a side note, save your $25 for a new switch and
take your apart first.  Chances are it is filled with all kinds of
crap(gunked up tranny fluid)  and just needs a bath.  Sorry Potterman, I
bet you are making a killing off these little bastards ;)  Now back to the
car kids...

Jody Bailey (one step closer to London, ON)
82 Scirocco 2L 8v