cruise control

Wow, thanks for the great info!

> The switches and wiring is the same in the Audi and the Volkswagon so
> Bentley should be all you need. You will need to install the speed sensor
> on the back of your speedo, if it not already there and add a couple of
> wires to make things work.

I already have:
- oem turn signal switch w/cruise buttons that I bought ahead of time
- 8v instrument cluster with mfa, with 140mph and 8k tach

The mfa uses the speedo sensor in the cluster already, so I'm wondering
how to wire the cruise to it as well? IIRC the signal from the sensor is
supposed to be present on one of the harness connectors for the instrument
cluster as well..?

> The hard part is the throttle linkage. I have the complete setup from a 16V
> golf as an example but as you already know the golf and Scirocco are 180
> degrees different. If you look at the test pipe on your 16V you will notice
> that it is bolted into one of two holes in a raised area... this is
where
> the vacuum solenoid mounts... the test pipe bracket is relocated to one of
> the screws on the stiffener. The 16V Golf with factory cruise also has a

I don't have to worry about relocating it -- mine broke off the manifold
when I did my engine swap so I just plugged the hole with an M12x1.5 bolt
(damn that was hard to find! I went to 8 or 9 different stores..)

> special piece on the throttle body that has the normal cable mount but also
> a ball for the cruise linkage to connect to... don't bother looking for one
> since it can not be used on the Scirocco... you will need to fabricate a
> new one.

Is this the same type of ball that is used in the shift linkage with the
plastic-ended rods?

> So here it is... install is simple if you can just make a bracket to mount
> the vacuum solenoid to the intake and a throttle linkage for the throstle
> body...

cool!

> There is much more to say so if you have any questions please ask.

Will do, once I actually see the cruise setup that I got - my brother
pulled them for me from a parts car he was junking. Hopefully he didn't
forget anything! (and hopefully it all works.. but you can't argue with
free..)

> -RGK-
>
> I can provide picks of a 16V Golf solenoid bracket and throstle linkage.

That would be extremely helpful if you could send them to me!

Thanks,

-Toby