cruise control

I know this question has been asked in to the ground, but I figured I'd
try once more.

I just got a free cruise control setup from a 1980 Audi 4000 non-quattro.
According to ETKA, the computer, throttle actuator, pedal switches and
some of the hardware is the same as the cruise system on my 87 Scirocco.
The vacuum pump is different but it seems like it should work anyway,
since a vacuum pump is, well.. just a pump that makes vacuum.

I have a 16v. Previous discussions have indicated that 16vs never came
with /factory/ cruise, but the rare few that do have cruise had it
installed at the dealer$hip, or had an aftermarket kit installed by a PO.
I don't know why this was, since there are lots of 16vs with power windows
and leather and stuff like that. Is there some technical problem that
prevents factory cruise from being installed on a 16v?

I'm pretty good with fabricating bracketry and mechanically sound linkages
etc so I think I can make the system work as long as it will fit in the
engine bay. But I just wanted to know if anyone has attempted this or a
related cruise install before and if they have any advice on going about
it.

Also, I would really really appreciate it if someone happens to have a
service manual for a 1980 audi 4k if they could scan and send me the
relevant page (or pages) for cruise control, especially wiring diagrams
which I will definitely need for the swap.

I don't drive excessive distances on a regular basis.. but I'm 6'3" and
when my long legs have my knees jabbing in to the center console on long
drives, I really start wishing I had cruise control. That, and the whole
"avoiding speeding" thing.

Thanks,

-Toby