OT - VW related - Cabriolet ?'s

On 11/25/02 12:45 PM, "doug czajka" <scirocco16v@europe.com> wrote:

> Been driving the new cabriolet for about a month now and just have a couple of
> questions.  Oh it's an 88 by the way and I have one picutre up at
> <http://home.nc.rr.com/scirocco16v/> but the quality is crappy.  Anyway here's
> the questions:
>
> 1.  Car is quite loud (wind noise in front) at speeds over 40mph.  Is this
> normal because of the soft top? Or do i need to adjust the top at the front
> edge...

Check the top adjustments, they are in the Bentley.  Or, you may need to
replace the rubber seal strip across the top of the windshield.  I did that
and all my wind noise from that spot went away.

> 2.  There is a loud mechanical noise coming from behind the instrument
> cluster, especially when the car is cold.  I'm pretty sure it is the
> speedometer cable.  The odometer is working fine, so is there a way to lube
> the cable to shut it up, or would it be better ot replace the whole cable.

Hm.  Mine is doing the same thing, and my odo is intermittent.  You might
actually want to think about getting a new speedo.

> 3. This is just a curiousity question.  There are 2 fuel lines  (In adddition
> to the normal 5) that run to the front of the block just above the oil cooler,
> What the heck are they for?

Control Pressure Regulator.  I take it this is your first 8v. :-)

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |