OT - VW related - Cabriolet ?'s

Been driving the new cabriolet for about a month now and just have a couple of questions.  Oh it's an 88 by the way and I have one picutre up at <http://home.nc.rr.com/scirocco16v/> but the quality is crappy.  Anyway here's the questions:

1.  Car is quite loud (wind noise in front) at speeds over 40mph.  Is this normal because of the soft top? Or do i need to adjust the top at the front edge...

2.  There is a loud mechanical noise coming from behind the instrument cluster, especially when the car is cold.  I'm pretty sure it is the speedometer cable.  The odometer is working fine, so is there a way to lube the cable to shut it up, or would it be better ot replace the whole cable.

3. This is just a curiousity question.  There are 2 fuel lines  (In adddition to the normal 5) that run to the front of the block just above the oil cooler, What the heck are they for?

Thats all for now. TIA and sorry the Off topicness.

Scirocco Content.  The scirocco is getting new seat adjusters (the round dialy ones) as well as a new and improved driver side door card this week.

Doug C.
'88 16v
Asheville, NC

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom